Alabama/Northwest Florida Chapter
Welcome to the Alabama/NW Florida Chapter!
The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to finding the cures for Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis. It was founded in 1967 by Irwin M. and Suzanne Rosenthal, William D. and Shelby Modell, and Henry D. Janowitz, M.D. The Alabama/NW Florida Chapter was founded in 1987 by J. Marshall Garrett M.D. and Conrad & Frances Cypress.
31,000 - Estimated Chapter IBD Population
- Take Steps Birmingham - Saturday, April 28, 2018 - Registration open now!
- Putting the Pieces Together: Diet and Nutrition, Pediatric Education Event (live in Birmingham, AL and via webcast) - Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - Registration opening soon
- Dave & Busters Give Back Night (Panama City Beach, FL) - Sunday, May 20, 2018
- Camp Oasis - Sunday, June 17, 2018 - Friday, June 22, 2018 - Registration open now for campers, LITS, volunteer counselors, and medical staff!
- Take Steps Gulf Coast (Fairhope, AL) - Sunday, October 14, 2018 - Registration open now!
- Casino for a Cause (Birmingham, AL) - Thursday, November 1, 2018 - Tickets on sale this Fall
- Southeast Gastro Raises $18,000 for the Foundation
- In the Birmingham area? Use your receipts from local businesses to support The Foundation through the Planet Fundraiser app!
Support Group Schedule:
- Pensacola Support Group Meeting - Meets on the first Monday of each month - 6:30 PM; seeking additional facilitators
- Birmingham Adult Support Group Meeting - Meets on the first Thursday of each month - 6:30 PM
- Birmingham Pediatric Support Group Meeting - Time and location vary
- Auburn, AL
- Destin, FL
- Huntsville, AL
- Mobile, AL
- Montgomery, AL
- Panama City, FL
- Tuscaloosa, AL
If you are interested in leading a support group in these areas please contact email@example.com.
Special thanks to 2018 Camp Oasis Alabama Sponsor:
Community Health Charities Contributor Choice #85772
Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis
Connect with the IBD community and walk to help end Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Register for a walk near you!
Get Fit, Make Friends, Change Lives!
Team Challenge Endurance Training Program
- Half Marathon
Run or walk a half marathon, train for a triathlon, or ride in a great cycling event at one our amazing destination races while raising vital funds for research. Join Team Challenge today!