Alabama/Northwest Florida Chapter
Welcome to the Alabama/NW Florida Chapter!
The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to finding the cures for Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis. It was founded in 1967 by Irwin M. and Suzanne Rosenthal, William D. and Shelby Modell, and Henry D. Janowitz, M.D. The Alabama/NW Florida Chapter was founded in 1987 by J. Marshall Garrett M.D. and Conrad & Frances Cypress.
31,000 - Estimated Chapter IBD Population
- Pensacola Patient Education Event: Thursday, March 14, 2019
- Take Steps Birmingham: Saturday, April 27, 2019
- Take Steps Gulf Coast (Fairhope, AL): Saturday, May 11, 2019
- Bottoms Up for Crohn's & Colitis (Birmingham, AL): Saturday, August 24, 2019
- Birmingham Adult Patient Education Event: Saturday, October 5, 2019
- Casino for a Cause (Birmingham, AL): Thursday, October 24, 2019
- Give back by drinking coffee! Sign up for a coffee subscription and have a portion of your purchase donated to the Foundation.
- In the Birmingham area? Use your receipts from local businesses to support The Foundation through the Planet Fundraiser app!
Support Group Schedule:
- Auburn Support Group Meeting- Meets on the third Monday of each month - 6:00 PM
- Pensacola Support Group Meeting - Meets on the first Monday of each month - 6:30 PM; seeking additional facilitators
- Birmingham Adult Support Group Meeting - Meets on the first Thursday of each month - 6:30 PM
- Birmingham Pediatric Support Group Meeting - Time and location vary
- Destin, FL
- Huntsville, AL
- Mobile, AL
- Montgomery, AL
- Panama City, FL
- Tuscaloosa, AL
If you are interested in leading a support group in these areas please contact email@example.com.
Community Health Charities Contributor Choice #85772
Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis
Connect with the IBD community and walk to help end Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Learn more about our walk near you!
Get Fit, Make Friends, Change Lives!
Team Challenge Endurance Training Program
- Half Marathon
Run or walk a half marathon, train for a triathlon, or ride in a great cycling event at one our amazing destination races while raising vital funds for research. Join Team Challenge today!