Alabama/Northwest Florida Chapter
Welcome to the Alabama/NW Florida Chapter!
The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to finding the cures for Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis. It was founded in 1967 by Irwin M. and Suzanne Rosenthal, William D. and Shelby Modell, and Henry D. Janowitz, M.D. The Alabama/NW Florida Chapter was founded in 1987 by J. Marshall Garrett M.D. and Conrad & Frances Cypress.
31,000 - Estimated Chapter IBD Population
- Casino for a Cause - Thursday, November 9, 2017
- Kendra Scott Give Back Night at The Summit, Birmingham - 5 -7 PM, Wednesday, November 15, 2017
- Pensacola Patient Education Symposium - Wednesday, November 29, 2017
- Southeast Gastro Raises $18,000 for the Foundation
- 2016 Annual Report shows growth and introduces new strategic plan for the Foundation
- Read The Foundation's Position Statement on the ACA Repeal and Replace Efforts.
- In the Birmingham area? Use your receipts from local businesses to support The Foundation through the Planet Fundraiser app!
Support Group Schedule:
- Pensacola Support Group Meeting - Saturday, November 4 - 6:30PM; seeking additional facilitators
- Birmingham Adult Support Group Meeting - Meets on the first Thursday of each month - 6:30PM
- Birmingham Pediatric Support Group Meeting - Time and location vary
- Auburn, AL
- Destin, FL
- Huntsville, AL
- Mobile, AL
- Montgomery, AL
- Panama City, FL
- Tuscaloosa, AL
If you are interested in leading a support group in these areas please contact email@example.com.
Special thanks to our Alabama Camp Oasis Sponsor:
Community Health Charities Contributor Choice #85772
Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis
Connect with the IBD community and walk to help end Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Register for a walk near you!
Get Fit, Make Friends, Change Lives!
Team Challenge Endurance Training Program
- Half Marathon
Run or walk a half marathon, train for a triathlon, or ride in a great cycling event at one our amazing destination races while raising vital funds for research. Join Team Challenge today!