Alabama/Northwest Florida Chapter
Welcome to the Alabama/NW Florida Chapter!
The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to finding the cures for Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis. It was founded in 1967 by Irwin M. and Suzanne Rosenthal, William D. and Shelby Modell, and Henry D. Janowitz, M.D.
Since our founding 50 years ago, The Foundation has remained at the forefront of research in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Today, we fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. We are very proud that the National Institutes of Health has commended us for "uniting the research community and strengthening IBD research."
33,000 - Estimated Chapter IBD Population
- Goodwill Wednesday at Cahaba Brewing - Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - Pre-order your Boston Butt from 2 Men & A Pig to pick up at Goodwill Wednesday!
- Birmingham Patient Education Day - Saturday, July 22, 2017
- Take Steps Gulf Coast - Sunday, October 15, 2017
- Casino for a Cause - Thursday, November 9, 2017
- Read The Foundation's Position Statement on the ACA Repeal and Replace Efforts.
- New Year New Us! Check out The Foundation's new look.
- In the Birmingham area? Use your receipts from local businesses to support The Foundation through the Planet Fundraiser app!
Support Group Schedule:
- Pensacola Support Group Meeting - Meets on the first Monday of each month- 6:30PM; seeking additional facilitators
- Mobile Support Group Meeting - INACTIVE*
- Birmingham Adult Support Group Meeting - Meets on the first Thursday of each month - 6:30PM
- Birmingham Pediatric Support Group Meeting - Time and location vary
- Huntsville Support Group Meeting - INACTIVE*
- Tuscaloosa Support Group Meeting - INACTIVE*
Please visit the Support Group tab for more information!
*If you are interested in leading a support group in these areas please contact email@example.com.
Special thanks to our Alabama Camp Oasis Sponsor:
Community Health Charities Contributor Choice #85772
Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis
Connect with the IBD community and walk to help end Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Register for a walk near you!
Get Fit, Make Friends, Change Lives!
Team Challenge Endurance Training Program
- Half Marathon
Run or walk a half marathon, train for a triathlon, or ride in a great cycling event at one our amazing destination races while raising vital funds for research. Join Team Challenge today!