Spring 2017 Internship
Marketing and Event Management Internship
Do you enjoy planning events and developing strategies? Are you eager to showcase your ability with finding and sharing stories online? The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America – Indiana Chapter in Indianapolis reaches more than 30,000 Hoosiers that are effected by IBD. CCFA has provided more than $267 million for research on the treatment and cures of IBD. These research dollars are driven by 40 chapters across the country like ours through fundraising events like our Take Steps Walk, special events, such as golf outings, Young Professional events, galas, and more! The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America – Indiana Chapter has a fast paced work environment and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren't afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern you will get to work with our staff, while working on real projects that will help us grow. Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who craves to implement social media tactics and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships for our major events.
What You Will Learn:
1. How to create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar.
2. Fundraising tactics and event logistics for a local chapter of a national organization.
3. Relationship building with our online community by maintaining media accounts.
4. Creating compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
5. Additional opportunities in related projects.
What We Require:
1. Any level undergraduate with a background in Marketing, Communication, Business, Events/Hospitality management, nonprofit management or other related disciplines.
2. Strong communication skills.
3. Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
4. Creative and Flexible.
5. Familiarity with social networking sites desired, but we will also train.
6. Interest in nonprofit management and community development.
We want to provide a valuable internship, therefore we will go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in nonprofit management, online communication, and understanding of the right tactics to combine online marketing with overarching outreach goals in a professional setting. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with community leaders and other professionals in various fields.
The position begins January 2017 with an end date in May 2017. Expected weekly hours are 5-10, but are flexible. This is an unpaid internship, but can be compensated with course credits and applicable real world experience. To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to Amanda Stefanik at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America's mission is to cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. The Foundation ranks third among leading health non-profits in the percentage of expense devoted to research toward a cure, with more than 80 cents of every dollar the Foundation spends going to mission-critical programs. The Foundation consistently meets the standards of organizations that monitor charities, including the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance (give.org) and the American Institute of Philanthropy (charitywatch.org).