Maryland/Southern Delaware Chapter
Welcome to the Maryland/Southern Delaware Chapter! We serve all of Maryland and the Southern Delaware area.
- The Maryland/Southern Delaware Chapter serves donors and constituents throughout Maryland and Southern Delaware
- We reach more than 40,000 loyal constituents
- Through various programs, we support our patients and family members with education programs, support groups, and community awareness and advocacy
- Through our signature Take Steps Walk program, we engage over 1,200 participants annually who walk and fundraise for Crohn's & Colitis Foudation
Here’s a quick list of what’s coming up in our Chapter:
Team Challenge First Training Session - Saturday, Oct. 21st. Join the Team and become part of the family! Email Roseanne for more information
- Fall Fashion Show & Luncheon - Join Kappa Guild, Inc. on Sunday October 29th for a benefit luncheon and fashion show at the Zamoiski Auditorium. Proceeds benefit specialized camps for children, including Camp Oasis.
- Sweat & Swing Fore Crohn's and Colitis - Join us at Red Brook Health & Wellness Center on November 2, 2017 for an event raising funds for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation. It will be a fun all-day event filled with group workouts, a golf challenge, and silent auction, please stop by!
Bottom's Up Baltimore: Getting Behind A Cure! - November 3, 2017 Join us for one of our biggest events of the year! We will honor Dr. David F. Hutcheon for his years of medical service to the IBD community, and Bishop Walter Scott Thomas with the Lenny B. Robinson Award. We can't wait to see you there!
You, Me and IBD: Baltimore County Patient Education Day - November 4th The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation, Maryland/Southern Delaware Chapter invites you to join us for our Baltimore County patient education program, You, Me and IBD. This event will be held on Saturday, November 4, 2017 at the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. This program will include informational presentations and interactive question-and-answer sessions that will discuss Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. This event is open to patients, family members, caregivers, and community members. To register, visit online.ccfa.org/2017MDPatientEducationDay or call 301-287-8494 ext. 4.
Chipotle Fundraising Night - November 8, 2017 Join us from 4:00pm-8:00pm at the 10210 Reisterstown Rd. Chipotle in Owings Mills to raise money for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation - 50% of the proceeds will be donated when you show this flyer, or mention the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation at the cashier. See you there!
- Join Team Challenge Today! LEARN MORE
One of our own, Miss Leah Williams, is a member of the select group who was chosen from many qualified applicants throughout the state of Maryland as an OFFICIAL STATE FINALIST for the Miss Maryland USA competition. As part of her platform for the pageant, Leah will be bringing awareness to the debilitating digestive diseases that affect so many across Maryland, the country, and the globe. Leah was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease in 2015 at the age of 22. As many of us know, this disease impacts all aspects of someone’s life. Leah has been a strong warrior in tackling all of the challenges she has faced since being diagnosed. Some of Leah’s accomplishments include graduating undergrad with a 4.0 GPA, winning the Presidential Leadership Award, being selected as an HBCU All-Star, and shortly after being diagnosed she obtained her Master’s degree in just one year. Leah currently works for Northrop Grumman and looks forward to continuing to develop as a business professional. Leah is participating in the pageant in hopes of gaining a platform that will not only bring more awareness to diseases such as Crohn’s Disease, but to also inspire all young women across the globe to reach for their dreams, regardless of the obstacles they face. If you would like more information, please contact Leah at email@example.com.
Community Health Charities Contributor Choice #39929
Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis
Connect with the IBD community and walk to help end Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Register for a walk near you!
Get Fit, Make Friends, Change Lives!
Team Challenge Endurance Training Program
- Half Marathon
Run or walk a half marathon, train for a triathlon, or ride in a great cycling event at one our amazing destination races while raising vital funds for research. Join Team Challenge today!