Portland - Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis Fundraising Walk
Take Steps is CCFA’s family-friendly fundraising and walk event where patients, loved ones, friends, and supporters EMPOWER and INSPIRE each other to fight against Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, debilitating digestive diseases. Patients and their families are able to CONNECT with their local IBD community, helping them understand that they are never alone in this fight.
To raise money for mission-critical research that will lead to cures and provide better education and care for patients. More than 80 cents of every dollar raised supports these efforts.
- One in 200 Americans is currently living with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, two inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD)
- Almost 30,000 in Oregon and SW Washington
- Approximately 80,000 children are living with IBD
- These incurable diseases cause abdominal pain, persistent diarrhea, rectal bleeding, fever, weight loss, and much more.
- People often don’t understand how serious and debilitating they can be because of the invisible nature of these diseases.
- One of the fastest growing populations of patients being diagnosed is children under the age of 18
- Register at www.cctakesteps.org/portland2017
- Form a team, join an existing team, or walk as an individual
- Customize your walk page and send emails to family, friends, and colleagues – everyone you know – asking them to join in the fight to cure Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
World Trade Center
26 Southeast Salmon Street
Portland, Oregon, 97204
For more information