Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 200 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Ride or volunteer for Get Your Guts in Gear: The Ride for Crohn’s and Colitis to help support the Foundation.
- Encourage your provider to attend the annual Crohn's & Colitis Congress
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local chapter.
11:00am-2:00pm | New York, New York
Annual Fashion Show and Luncheon
11am-9pm | Westerville, Ohio
7:00 PM | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Join the Young Professionals Group for the third annual Gut Busters Comedy Night featuring patient, actor and comedian Ben Morrison.
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm | St. Petersburg,, Florida
Sixth Annual A Toast For A Cure Cocktail is a beautiful evening of networking with Tampa Bay's finest! The cocktail consists of live music, silent auction, raffle, amazing food and drinks. Great way to raise awareness for Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.
1:00 PM | Powell, Ohio
09:30 a.m. | Colonie, New York
2019 Albany Take Steps walk
4:00 P.M. Check-in and festival start | Fort Lauderdale , Florida
Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis is our largest fundraising event. Participants raise funds and awareness throughout the year and come together to celebrate the steps that have been taken towards a cure. We’re committed to help transform the lives of those impacted by these diseases to one of a brighter future based on well-funded, cutting-edge scientific research. Make the decision now to join us and take a step toward a future free from Crohn’s and colitis!
7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. | McLean , Virginia
The purpose of this symposium is to provide up-to-date information on the pathogenesis of the disease process, as well as evidence-based recommendations on the management and monitoring of IBD and other inflammatory and autoimmune disorders. Through this course, the gap between state-of-the-art practice and current practices will be closed to provide a high quality, comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to patients with IBD. The target audience is IBD professionals including: gastroenterologists, pathologists, pediatricians, radiologists, surgeons, internists, residents, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, physician assistants, and healthcare practitioners interested in IBD, inflammatory pathologies of the GI tract and state of the art endoscopic advances. IBD patients are also invited to the conference and by using promotion code "IBDP" receive a $25 registration. This conference is endorsed by the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation, Greater Washington DC/Virginia Chapter.
9:30 a.m. | Odessa, Texas
When you fundraise through TAKE STEPS, you directly impact vital treatment, research, and life-giving patient programs for 1.6 million Americans who suffer from Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
San Diego, California
Take Steps is a family-friendly festival and walk where patients, loved ones, friends and supporters EMPOWER and INSPIRE each other to continue the fight against Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Patients and their families are provided the perfect opportunity to CONNECT with the greater inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) community, helping them understand they are never alone in this fight.