FDA Approves New Ulcerative Colitis Medication
The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved its new 400 mg mesalamine product indicated for the treatment of ulcerative colitis. The Company released and marketed the product as DELZICOL™ (mesalamine) 400 mg delayed-release capsules.
DELZICOL (mesalamine) delayed-release capsules are indicated for the treatment of mildly to moderately active ulcerative colitis and for the maintenance of remission of ulcerative colitis. For information on dosage and administration, contraindications, warnings and precautions, adverse reactions, and other important safety and other prescribing information see http://www.wcrx.com/pdfs/pi/pi_delzicol.pdf.
Warner Chilcott is a leading specialty pharmaceutical company currently focused on the women's healthcare, gastroenterology, urology and dermatology segments of the branded pharmaceuticals market, primarily in North America. We are a fully integrated company with internal resources dedicated to the development, manufacture and promotion of our products.
- Changing the Research Paradigm with a Patient-Powered Network
- FDA Approves UCERIS® (Budesonide) 2mg Rectal Foam for the Induction of Remission of Mild-to-Moderate Distal Ulcerative Colitis
- Expanding IBD Research Through Collaboration
- Largest Microbiome Study on Newly Diagnosed Patients Gives Insight Into Crohn’s Disease and Shows Antibiotic Treatment May Worsen Disease
- Two Studies Identify Promising New Drug for IBD Patients
Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's mission is to cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. The Foundation ranks third among leading health non-profits in the percentage of expense devoted to research toward a cure, with more than 80 cents of every dollar the Foundation spends going to mission-critical programs. The Foundation consistently meets the standards of organizations that monitor charities, including the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance (give.org) and the American Institute of Philanthropy (charitywatch.org).