Clinical Trials Community
Welcome to the Clinical Trials Community, our national initiative aimed at bringing together patients, families, research coordinators, and clinical trial investigators to discuss participation in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) clinical research. This expanding program is creating an interactive and collaborative community to help empower patients about their own participation in clinical research.
For those who are unfamiliar with a clinical trial, it is a study which evaluates and compares new treatment options or alternative therapies with current treatments or therapies already available to the public. It’s important to remember that it is only through patient participation in these clinical trials that researchers are able to determine the safety and effectiveness of new treatment options for the IBD community. While joining a clinical trial may sound a bit scary, it is important to realize that all IBD treatments currently in use were first proved effective and safe to use through clinical trials.
If you are interested in learning more about clinical trials, we encourage you to take a look at the following resources, which can help you better understand what it means to be in clinical trial, how participation will fit in to your everyday life, and how you can identify a trial you may be eligible for. You can access any of the below resources using the navigation bar on the left side of your screen.
- Learn About Clinical Trials: Library of educational resources you can read through or download.
- Why Should I Participate: Video series on clinical trial participation featuring patient, investigator, and research testimonials.
- Find a Clinical Trial: Our customized IBD Clinical Trial Finder will help you identify a trial you may be eligible for. All relevant IBD trials are pulled from clinicaltrials.gov and are updated on a regular basis.
- Patient Stories: Read about other patients’ experiences participating in clinical trials.
- Get Involved: Learn more about the ways you can get involved in our Clinical Trial Ambassador Training Program or Power of 2.
- Research Findings: Stay up to date on the latest clinical trial news and hear more from our team about the clinical research space.
- Featured Research: Learn more about available clinical trials currently being conducted by some of our partners and other academic institutions.
- Talk to a Specialist: Connect to a member of our IBD Help Center for more information on clinical trials.
This educational initiative is made possible by support from AbbVie, Celgene, Genentech, and Takeda.