Advocacy Tools and Resources
Volunteers from all over the country can learn how to advocate on behalf of the 1.6 million Americans with inflammatory bowel diseases. This is your one stop shop for the handouts and resources that can help you be a successful advocate, including the advocacy toolkit. Take the toolkit with you on your legislative visits for "Day on the Hill" or as you travel day-to-day raising awareness.
- 2018 Federal Advocacy Priorities - share these with members and staff in the U.S. Congress to explain what they can do to help
- HR 2077, Restoring the Patient's Voice Act
- S 1194/HR 2587, the Medical Nutrition Equity Act
- Foundation's Healthcare Reform Position Statement
- Congressional Crohn's and Colitis Caucus - background document including list of Members
- 2018 Advocacy Roadmap - basic advocacy instructions with monthly activities for volunteers
- 2018 Healthcare Reform Brief
- Slides - 2018 Legislative Priorities Webinar (Jan 25, 2018)
- Recording - 2018 Legislative Priorities Webinar (Jan 25, 2018)
- Telling Your Story to Effect Change
- How to make a legislative visit
- Find information about your legislators
- List of Senate social media handles
Forms and Templates
- Feedback form - email to email@example.com after your meetings with legislators to enable the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation to follow up
- Template Thank You Notes/Calls - for follow up after your meetings
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) statement for the record on our 50th anniversary
- Senate fiscal year 2018 support letter to include IBD in the DOD Peer Reviewed Medical Research Program
- Foundation letter to U.S. Senators on the BCRA
This toolkit is a “how to” guide to teach you:
- Important tips when emailing your legislators
- Insight on setting up a visit with you legislators
- Helpful guidelines with key speaking points
With a growing number of Americans suffering from inflammatory bowel diseases, it is critical that your voices are heard. Now you can be an advocate wherever you go!
This toolkit can be downloaded here or you can contact your local chapter to find advocacy trainings in your area. Make sure to download Advocacy Priorities as well! Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, call Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's IBD Help Center: 888.MY.GUT.PAIN (888.694.8872).
The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation provides information for educational purposes only. We encourage you to review this educational material with your health care professional. The Foundation does not provide medical or other health care opinions or services. The inclusion of another organization's resources or referral to another organization does not represent an endorsement of a particular individual, group, company or product.
About this resource
Published: March 19, 2013
File: 1.09 MB