What We Fund
- Research grants are available for innovative proposals that will lead to improvements in the prevention, diagnosis or therapy of Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. BMRP especially supports research that can be readily translated to improve the care of human IBD in the near future.
- Investigators in nonprofit institutions worldwide are eligible for funding.
- Basic and clinical investigators, scientists not currently working in inflammatory bowel disease, and interdisciplinary teams are encouraged to apply.
- Preference is given to proposals for work conducted with human samples or patients. Research using non-human material should lead to translational benefits to patients with IBD.
- Funding may be requested for up to two years. Second-year funding will be based on an evaluation of the progress and the perceived value of the findings from the first year of funding.
- There are no deadlines or specific dates by which to request funding. Proposals are accepted and reviewed year–round, and the BMRP makes every effort to provide rapid response and funding.
Last updated 06/29/2015