Apply today: National Scientific Advisory Committee
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation is now accepting applications for standing committees of the 2018-21 National Scientific Advisory Committee.
The Foundation is seeking interested researchers and medical professionals from all areas of IBD research and clinical care to serve as volunteer advisors within the National Scientific Advisory Committee (NSAC) through the standing committees. These prestigious committees work closely with the Foundation staff in participating in our grants review process, and in guiding the efforts of our patient and professional education initiatives. Learn more about the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's mission.
Any scientist or medical professional involved in inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) research and/or clinical care is encouraged to apply. Application deadline: January 29, 2018.
- Government & Industry Affairs Committee
- Nursing & Advanced Practice Committee
- Patient Education Committee
- Pediatric Affairs Committee
- Professional Education Committee
- REACH-IBD Committee – (Open to those up to seven years post-Fellowship or PhD)
- Research Review Committees for investigator-initiated grant applications – (Open to those with a history of receiving a peer-reviewed, externally-funded grant)
Applicants interested in serving on the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation NSAC should be aware of the following requirements before applying:
- All NSAC members are required to be Professional Members of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation. Learn more about the Foundation's Professional membership program and its levels.
- NSAC committees meet two times per year, in-person. Currently, committee meetings are held in conjunction with Digestive Disease Week in May/June and at the Crohn’s & Colitis Congress in January/February. The research review committees meet an additional two times per year. Two of these committees hold all-day review meetings at the Foundation headquarters in New York City.
- All NSAC committee members are encouraged to actively participate on conference calls as directed by committee chairs, typically two to four calls per year depending on the committee.
If you are interested in serving on or chairing any of these committees, please complete this application by January 29, 2018.
If you have any questions regarding the committees or the applications please contact Laura Wingate, Senior Vice President of Education, Support and Advocacy at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application.