Northern California Chapter
Welcome to the Northern California Chapter!
The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to finding the cures for Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis. It was founded in 1967 by Irwin M. and Suzanne Rosenthal, William D. and Shelby Modell, and Henry D. Janowitz, M.D.
Our chapter serves patients from King County up to the Oregon border by funding research, raising awareness, and providing education and support to IBD patients. Learn more about our upcoming events, chapter updates, and volunteer opportunities by clicking the links below. Thanks for visiting!
- 78,000 - Estimated Chapter IBD Population
VOLUNTEERS & COMMITTEE MEMBERS NEEDED!
Have some spare time and want to make a difference alongside other IBD warriors?
We are in need of volunteers and committee members for our upcoming events, as well as in-office help.
Please fill out this volunteer survey and join us in finding IBD cures!
Know what chapter events are coming up!
- Patient & Family Education Symposium - Sacramento - April 6, 2019
- Take Steps Walk - Silicon Valley - April 13, 2019
- 22nd Annual California Wine Classic - San Francisco - April 27, 2019
- Take Steps Walk - Sacramento - May 18, 2019
- World IBD Day - May 19, 2019
- Take Steps Walk - San Francisco - June 1, 2019
- Team Challenge Rock & Roll San Diego Half Marathon - June 1-2, 2019
- Take Steps Walk - East Bay - June 8, 2019
- Camp Oasis for Kids - Mountain Center, CA - June 27-July 2, 2019
- Sacramento Burger Battle - September 12, 2019
- Spin4 crohn's & colitis cures - October 19, 2019
- Bay Are Patient Education Conference - November 2, 2019
Other ways to connect with us:
Join the Take Steps Community
Connect with the IBD community and walk to help end Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Learn more about our walk near you!
Get Fit, Make Friends, Change Lives!
Team Challenge Endurance Training Program
- Half Marathon
Run or walk a half marathon, train for a triathlon, or ride in a great cycling event at one our amazing destination races while raising vital funds for research. Join Team Challenge today!