Attend a Crohn’s and Colitis Event
We have a vast network of more than 40 chapters and affiliates nationwide—each with its own volunteer board and Chapter Medical Advisory Committee. Each chapter brings the work of the entire Foundation to their local community. You can make a difference by connecting and participating with your local chapter.
Discover which of these support programs and activities are offered in your local community. Just search for our events by keyword or by city, date, or category.
- Join Take Steps, our nationwide fundraising walk program that makes it possible for us to fulfill our mission and meet our goals.
- Test your limits with Team Challenge, our endurance training program.
- Send your child to Camp Oasis—our local and regional summer camps for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Connect with others who are struggling to cope with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through one of our 200 support groups.
- Attend live education seminars and programs geared for patients and health care professionals.
- Stay informed about upcoming seminars, support groups, and events in your local community through your chapter newsletter or national newsletter.
- Ride or volunteer for Get Your Guts in Gear: The Ride for Crohn’s and Colitis to help support the Foundation.
- Encourage your provider to attend the annual Crohn's & Colitis Congress
To find out more about all of our programs and activities in your area, contact your local chapter.
7:00 p.m. | Pickerington, Ohio
San Diego, California
It all began in San Diego in 1998 and for over 20 years, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series has made running fun by infusing each course with live bands, cheer teams, and more.
Camp Oasis is a co-ed residential summer camp program for children with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
San Francisco, California
Take Steps is the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's largest fundraising event dedicated to raising awareness and funds for the 1.6 million American adults and children affected by Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. The day of the Walk is filled with food, entertainment and inspirational speeches from patients affected by these diseases. The funds you raise through Take Steps will help support patient programs, enhance professional education efforts, and propel critical research for cures. Join us on Walk Day. Register today!
4:00 p.m. | Anchorage, Alaska
Take Steps is the Foundation's largest fundraising event across the nation. Participants fundraise throughout the year and come together at the walk to celebrate their achievements and to enjoy a safe, supportive environment for patients, family and supporters.
Sandy Springs, Georgia
Sign up to volunteer at our Take Steps Atlanta Walk and help make this amazing event possible! We need over 60 volunteers each year for this one day, to make sure all our walkers receive recognition for their efforts, snacks and water, and have a great time.