New England Chapter Internship Opportunities
The New England Chapter offers internship opportunities during the fall, spring and summer for students who wish to gain experience in a health-based non-profit. Email the chapter to apply. At this time we are only accepting applications from students who intend to receive college credit. Please reach out to your school's career center for your internship eligibility requirements.
Healthcare Non-Profit Internship
Join our committed and energetic New England Regional team of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation and help support our mission to cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. The Foundation is a large, established, national nonprofit organization. The Foundation has been recognized by Consumer Reports as one of the top non-profits to invest in. Over the last four year's the Foundation has received 4 Stars from Charity Navigator, which is the highest rating a non-profit can receive.
Why intern at the New England Chapter of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation?
After an initial screening process, we will tailor an internship to meet your specific needs and availability. This real-life, hands on job experience will boost your resume, increase your self-confidence, enhance the skills that you have learned in college or graduate school, and help prepare for your future career.
The Foundation's New England Chapter internship experience will provide a diverse range of opportunities and will immerse you in every aspect of working at a large, highly successful non-profit. The New England Regional chapter raises $3.5 million dollars annually and provides year-round education programs and special events to the thousands of people living in this region with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Through this internship, you will work with a dynamic team of staff and volunteers who are highly committed to the mission. You will gain exposure to a variety of skill sets as you help to support major special events, assist with our fundraising endeavors, plan and deliver patient education and support programs as well as marketing and awareness initiatives.
- Direct hands on experience in non-profit programming and events at a large non-profit
- Variety of training opportunities to help build your resume of skills
- Vacation days include all major holidays
- Flexible work environment
Event Assistance & Planning:
Help with the planning and implementation of our Summer and Fall 2022 education programs and fundraising events:
- Royal Flush for Crohn’s & Colitis (casino night)- Fall 2022
- Patient & Professional Education Programs
- Take Steps program– Summer 2022
- Stories From the Gut ( Young Professionals Virtual Event) - Summer 2022
- Fete for Crohn's & Coliltis - Fall 2022
Support the different facets and stages of each event in order to help execute them seamlessly.
Assist with marketing of the programs and participate in awareness building activities through various media outlets including social media, print, television and radio.
Work on securing funding through foundation grants, corporate and major gifts.
Help with project management and ensuring events are delivered successfully and on time.
Attend departmental meetings and planning sessions and attend events as needed.
Provide support on various tasks as they arise as well as administrative duties, which could include doing mail merges, data entry, phone calls and creation of powerpoint presentations.
Additional projects may include identification and development of resources to increase efficiency and various projects as assigned.
Opportunities exist for the intern to propose projects that will enhance the internship experience.
- College or Graduate School level with an interest in health education, social work, public education, public health, public relations, fundraising, event planning, marketing & communications.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written skills.
- Solid project management skills and willing to pitch in and help on different projects at any given time.
- Able to multitask and a be quick learner.
- Demonstrates dependability and ability to work independently
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and strategic thinking
- Must be proficient in basic MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Must have access to a personal computer
- Minimum 10 hours a week