IBD Programs & Materials
Professional Education Opportunities
One of the driving principles of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation is to support healthcare providers in their efforts to care for patients with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) through our professional education and training programs. To further this mission, the Foundation encourages all healthcare providers caring for those with IBD to attain a comprehensive understanding of how to diagnose, treat, and manage patients from the patient perspective, which is incorporated into all of our programs.
The Foundation has identified the following educational and training challenges concerning IBD care today:
- IBD continues to become more complex despite advances in diagnostic and therapeutic options.
- Training in IBD requires specialized exposure and resources for gastroenterologists, nurses, and advanced practice providers.
- There is a need for improved shared decision-making between providers and their patients, as well as support tools to address selecting appropriate therapies, stress, anxiety, depression, nutrition, and other patient priorities.
To address these challenges and emphasize the importance of incorporating patient priorities, the Foundation offers a number of education programs and resources for healthcare providers. Click below to learn more and participate today!
- Live (Fellowship, Preceptorship)
- Online CME Education Modules
- Other Resources