Northern California Chapter
Welcome to the Northern California Chapter!
The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to finding the cures for Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis. It was founded in 1967 by Irwin M. and Suzanne Rosenthal, William D. and Shelby Modell, and Henry D. Janowitz, M.D.
Our chapter serves patients from King County up to the Oregon border by funding research, raising awareness, and providing education and support to IBD patients. Learn more about our upcoming events, chapter news, and volunteer opportunities by clicking the links below. Thanks for visiting!
- 78,000 - Estimated Chapter IBD Population
VOLUNTEERS & COMMITTEE MEMBERS NEEDED!
Have some spare time and want to make a difference alongside other IBD warriors?
We are in need of committee volunteers for our upcoming events, as well as in-office intern work.
Please fill out the survey here to apply.
Know what chapter events are coming up!
- spin4 crohn's & colitis cures - December 1, 2018
- Team Challenge Maui Oceanfront Marathon, Half Marathon, 15K, 10K & 5K - January 20, 2019
- Team Challenge Austin Marathon, Half Marathon & 5K - February 17, 2019
- Patient & Family Education Symposium - Sacramento - March 2019
- Take Steps Walk - Silicon Valley - April 13, 2019
- 22nd Annual California Wine Classic - San Francisco - April 27, 2019
- World IBD Day - May 19, 2019
- Take Steps Walk - Sacramento - May 19, 2019
- Take Steps Walk - San Francisco - June 1, 2019
- Take Steps Walk - East Bay - June 8, 2019
- Camp Oasis for Kids - Mountain Center, CA - June 27-July 2, 2019
Other ways to connect with us:
Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis
Connect with the IBD community and walk to help end Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Register for a walk near you!
Get Fit, Make Friends, Change Lives!
Team Challenge Endurance Training Program
- Half Marathon
Run or walk a half marathon, train for a triathlon, or ride in a great cycling event at one our amazing destination races while raising vital funds for research. Join Team Challenge today!