Be an Advocate
Advocacy is a major component of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation’s mission. Our advocates are not only patients, but family members, friends, caregivers, and doctors who want to make their voices heard and see a future free from Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
Here's how you can take action today:
- Sign up for the Advocacy Network
- Email your legislators!
- Read our Advocacy Toolkit and learn how to be an advocate
Healthcare Reform Update
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation is the leading voice advocating for patients living with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD). We are actively engaged in the current debate on the Affordable Care Act (ACA), including responding to proposed legislation and regulations. Our continued goal is to ensure that the healthcare policy decisions made by Congress and the Administration support the IBD community and maintain strong protections for patients with pre-existing conditions.
Below are resources on the latest steps taken by Congress and the Administration, congressional healthcare committee hearings, and our position statements:
- Statement by 18 patient groups on the President's executive order signed on 10/12/2017
- Link to the Presidential executive order - 10/12/2017
- The Foundation's comment letter to the Finance Committee regarding the Graham-Cassidy bill
- Link to the webpage of the Senate Health, Education, Labor & Pensions Committee which held hearings on stabilizing the individual market
- Foundation position statement on the ACA and 2017 healthcare debates