Be an Advocate
Advocacy is a major component of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation’s mission. Our advocates are not only patients, but family members, friends, caregivers, and doctors who want to make their voices heard and see a future free from Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
Start making a difference today by joining the Advocacy Network email listserv and take action now!
Here's how you can take action today:
- Sign up for the Advocacy Network
- Email your legislators!
- Read our Advocacy Toolkit and learn how to be an advocate
- Post your story on social media using the hashtag #DefendPreex
- Email your congressional staff contacts or use our template email
- Attend a local event or town hall (check online or call your legislators to find out if they have events near you); or
- Meet with your legislators or their staff at their local office
- "What are you doing to protect health coverage for pre-existing conditions?"
- "How will you make sure that sick people can get and afford the care they need?"
- "It appears that recent policy changes would result in plans with limited coverage and could increase the price of quality plans. What are you doing to improve insurance quality and affordability?
- "How will you make sure that the current protections for persons with pre-existing conditions don't go away?"