Advocacy Tools & Resources
We are glad to count you as part of our team of volunteers from across the country advocating on behalf of the millions of Americans living with inflammatory bowel disease.
Our resources will help you fine tune your advocacy skills, learn our legislative priorities, and feel comfortable sharing your story with legislators.
Learn more about what we are fighting for. You can print these and give them to your legislators to let them know what you’d like them to support.
Video Tutorials for Virtual Advocacy
Meeting with your legislators and their staff—even virtually—is one of the most effective advocacy actions you can take to effect public policy change. See our video resources below which provide tips to make an effective virtual advocate.
- How to find your legislators and request a meeting
- How to conduct a legislative meeting or call
- Telling your story/Step therapy
- The National Council of College Leaders present:
Each month, we launch a new advocacy activity to help advocates refine their skills and to advance IBD policy initiatives. Check out the Advocacy Roadmap to see what we’re working on now.
- 2021 Advocacy Roadmap
- Crafting Your Story to Effect Change
- How to Make a Legislative Visit
- Legislative Meeting Roles and Structure
- Identify Your Legislators
- Safe Step Act Talking Points
- Senate Social Media Handles - coming soon!
Forms and Templates
- Legislative Contacts Tracker
- Template Thank You Note - use this thank you note to follow up on a legislative meeting
- Healthcare Reform
- 2018 Healthcare Reform Brief - backgrounder for advocates
- Biosimilars Position Statement
These documents highlight the advocacy work the Foundation and our volunteers have done on behalf of IBD patients and their families.
- IBD Issues Support
- House Fiscal Year 2021 IBD Research Letter
- CDC and NIH Coronavirus Funding Requests – April 2020
- Texas vs. HHS Amicus Brief
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) Statement for the Record Celebrating the Foundation's 50th Anniversary
- Senate Fiscal Year 2020 DOD Letter - to include IBD in the Department of Defense Peer-Reviewed Medical Research Program