Advocacy Tools & Resources
We are glad to count you as part of our team of volunteers from across the country advocating on behalf of the 3.1 million Americans living with inflammatory bowel disease.
Our resources will help you fine tune your advocacy skills, learn our legislative priorities, and feel comfortable sharing your story with legislators.
Learn more about what we are fighting for in 2019. You can print these and give them to your legislators to let them know what you’d like them to support.
Virtual Day on the Hill 2020
Day on the Hill was originally scheduled for May 20 in Washington, DC, but this year, we're turning it into a virtual event! Below, you'll find links to presentations that we would typically share during Day on the Hill. We hope you'll join us in getting ready for Day on the Hill and take part in our call to action on May 20!
- Video: How to find your legislators
- Video: Understanding the issues
- Update: The Medical Nutrition Equity Act has since been introduced in the Senate. On May 20, please ask all legislators to co-sponsor S 3657/HR 2501, the Medical Nutrition Equity Act
- Video: Telling your story/Step therapy
- Video: How to Conduct a Legislative Meeting or Call
- May 19 – #StepUp4IBD World IBD Day, join our petition
- May 20 – Virtual Day on the Hill! Use our alert to call or email your legislators
Each month, we launch a new advocacy activity to help advocates refine their skills and to advance IBD policy initiatives. Check out the Advocacy Roadmap to see what we’re working on now.
Senate Social Media Handles - link coming soon!
Forms and Templates
Feedback Form - link coming soon!
Template Thank You Note/Call - link coming soon!
- Healthcare Reform
- 2018 Healthcare Reform Brief - backgrounder for advocates
- Biosimilars Position Statement
These documents highlight the advocacy work the Foundation and our volunteers have done on behalf of IBD patients and their families.
- CDC and NIH Coronavirus Funding Requests – April 2020
- IBD Issues Support
- Texas vs. HHS Amicus Brief
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) Statement for the Record Celebrating the Foundation's 50th Anniversary
- Senate Fiscal Year 2020 DOD Letter - to include IBD in the Department of Defense Peer-Reviewed Medical Research Program