Foundation Journal Articles: COVID-19 & IBD
The Foundation’s journals—Inflammatory Bowel Diseases and Crohn’s & Colitis 360—are focused on providing rapid dissemination of peer-reviewed work on COVID-19 and its relevance to IBD. All articles will be made available in full, open access format. Additional articles will be listed as they are accepted to the Foundation’s journals.
"Management of Acute Severe Ulcerative Colitis in a Pregnant Woman With COVID-19 Infection: A Case Report and Review of the Literature"
Melissa H Rosen, MD, Jordan Axelrad, MD, MPH, David Hudesman, MD, David T Rubin, MD, Shannon Chang, MD
- "Anti-TNF-α Agents in Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Course of COVID-19"
Antonio Tursi, MD, Lorenzo Maria Vetrone, MD, Alfredo Papa, MD, PhD
- “Use of the Endoscopic Healing Index (EHI) for Monitoring of Disease Activity in Crohn’s Disease Patients in the COVID Era”
Maria T Abreu, MD, Lauren Okada, BS, Thierry Dervieux, PhD, Allison Luo, MD, Anjali Jain, PhD, Timothy Ritter, MD, Stephen B Hanauer, MD
- “Case Report of a SARS-CoV-2 Infection in a Patient With Ulcerative Colitis on Tofacitinib”
Jeffrey Jacobs, MD, Kindra Clark-Snustad, DNP, Scott Lee, MD
- “The Risk of SARS-CoV-2 in Immunosuppressed IBD Patients”
Peter D R Higgins, MD, PhD, MSc, Siew Ng, MD, Silvio Danese, Krishna Rao
- “Expression of SARS-CoV-2 Entry Molecules ACE2 and TMPRSS2 in the Gut of Patients With IBD”
Juan F Burgueño, DVM, PhD, Adrian Reich, PhD, Hajar Hazime, MS, Maria A Quintero, MD, Fernandez Irina, MS, Julia Fritsch, MS, Ana M Santander, BS, Nivis Brito, Oriana M Damas, MD, Amar Deshpande, MD, David H Kerman, MD, Lanyu Zhang, MS, Zhen Gao, PhD, Yuguang Ban, PhD, Lily Wang, PhD, Judith Pignac-Kobinger, MS, Maria T Abreu, MD
- “Challenges in the Care of IBD Patients During the CoViD-19 Pandemic: Report From a “Red Zone” Area in Northern Italy”
Vincenzo Occhipinti, MD, Luca Pastorelli, MD, PhD
- “IBD in the Times of COVID-19”
Stefany Hernández Benabe, MD, Amber H Langshaw, MD
- “Clinical and Psychological Issues in Children with Inflammatory Bowel Disease During COVID-19 Pandemic”
Massimo Martinelli, MD, PhD, Caterina Strisciuglio, MD, PhD, Flora Fedele, MD, Erasmo Miele, MD, PhD, Annamaria Staiano, MD
Last updated May 2020