Housing Assistance Resources

We know that many people living with IBD need a bit of extra support. We are here to help with a listing of outside organizations, companies, and services that can make your life easier or assist you with getting the care that you need. If you are having trouble finding adequate housing or housing accommodations, these programs and organizations may be able to help.


If you are looking for a specific resource not on this list, please contact our IBD Help Center.


The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation does not endorse the services offered by the organizations listed below. This is offered for informational purposes only.



Community Action Partnership

The National Community Action Partnership (NCAP) provides technical assistance, training, and other resources to Community Action Agencies, nonprofit and public groups funded by the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), a federal program that allocates funding to states to connect Americans to greater opportunity.


Healthcare Hospitality Network

The HHN provides a space for healthcare hospitality houses and those that support their work through products and services to connect, learn, share, and advocate for the healthcare hospitality imperative.


National Council of State Housing Agencies

The National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization created to advance, through advocacy and education, the efforts of the nation’s state HFAs and their partners to provide affordable housing to those who need it.


Ronald McDonald House Charities

The Ronald McDonald House Charities provide families of children with cancer and other serious illnesses a strong, caring and seamless circle of support, including meal services, family support, transportation, and lodging.


Society of St. Vincent de Paul

The mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul is “a network of friends, inspired by Gospel values, growing in holiness and building a more just world through personal relationships with and service to people in need.” At the National Council, they provide Vincentians across the United States with training, education, spiritual formation, and financial support as they assist millions of our most vulnerable neighbors.


Supplemental Security Income

SSI provides monthly payments to people with disabilities and older adults who have little or no income or resources. Explore programs, like the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Medicaid, that help you save money and take care of basic needs while on SSI.


United Way

Being healthy includes physical, mental, and social well-being. United Way focuses on community need including efforts to improve maternal and child health, increase access to healthy food, boost mental health support, ensure safe drinking water, and more.


U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development

HUD provides housing support, including rental assistance, rent relief resources, local public housing, disaster resources, and more.