Inflammatory Bowel Diseases® (IBD Journal) is the first journal dedicated exclusively to IBD and is a benefit of your Professional Membership in the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation (at certain membership levels).
The Journal covers topics of interest to the professional clinician or researcher in this burgeoning field. Each monthly issue features original, peer-reviewed articles in clinical and basic science areas, as well as invited in-depth reviews of key treatment issues and groundbreaking research. We invite all expert authors to submit an article for consideration.
The IBD Journal highlights the unique and important issues in pediatric IBD, as well as articles pertaining to adult patients. Also included are critical examinations of the design and results of recent clinical trials; elucidative discussions of controversial diagnostic and management issues and techniques; and summaries of significant articles from around the world with relevant commentary by experts in the field.
The Journal is accessible to subscribers at www.ibdjournal.org. Access to the IBD Journal requires an easy registration process. If you require assistance, please contact Customer Service for the Journal.
- Macrophages Versus Escherichia coli: A Decisive Fight in Crohn’s DiseaseAnthony Buisson, Marie-Agnès Bringer, Nicolas Barnich, and Emilie Vazeille
- New Biomarkers for Diagnosing Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Assessing Treatment OutcomesEdward L. Barnes and Robert Burakoff
- Characteristics and Behavior of Elderly-onset Inflammatory Bowel Disease: A Multi-center US StudyJason K. Hou, Linda A. Feagins, and Akbar K. Waljee
- Impact of Specialized Inpatient IBD Care on Outcomes of IBD Hospitalizations: A Cohort StudyCindy C. Y. Law, Saranya Sasidharan, Rodrigo Rodrigues, Deanna D. Nguyen, Jenny Sauk, John Garber, Cosmas Giallourakis, Ramnik Xavier, Hamed Khalili, Vijay Yajnik, and Ashwin N. Ananthakrishnan
- Incidence of Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis in Rhode Island: Report from the Ocean State Crohn’s and Colitis Area RegistryJason M. Shapiro, Helga Zoega, Samir A. Shah, Renee M. Bright, Meaghan Mallette, Heather Moniz, Stacey A. Grabert, Barbara Bancroft, Marjorie Merrick, Nicole T. Flowers, Zahid Samad, Sheldon Lidofsky, Neal S. LeLeiko, and Bruce E. Sands
- Case Series–Case 4: Worms in IBD: Friend or FoeAbhishek Gulati, Kofi Clarke, Julia B. Greer, David G. Binion, Myron H. Brand, Francis A. Farraye, Raymond K. Cross, Leonard Baidoo, Wolfgang H. Schraut, Douglas J. Hartman and Miguel D. Regueiro
- Potential Immunomodulatory Effects of Statins in Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseJustin Côté-Daigneault, Saurabh Mehandru, Ryan Ungaro, Ashish Atreja, and Jean-Frédéric Colombel
- Understanding Health Literacy and its Impact on Delivering Care to Patients with Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseLauren K. Tormey, Francis A. Farraye, and Michael K. Paasche‐Orlow
- Variation in Care of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Patients in Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America Partners: Role of Gastroenterologist Practice Setting in Disease Outcomes and Quality Process MeasuresKimberly N. Weaver, Michael D. Kappelman, Robert S. Sandler, Christopher F. Martin, Wenli Chen, Kristen Anton, and Millie D. Long
- Experts Opinion on the Practical Use of Azathioprine and 6-Mercaptopurine in Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseChristian Mottet, Alain M. Schoepfer, Pascal Juillerat, Jacques Cosnes, Florian Froehlich, Vera Kessler-Brondolo, Frank Seibold, Gerhard Rogler, Stephan R. Vavricka, and Pierre Michetti
- Optimizing Treatment with TNF Inhibitors in Inflammatory Bowel Disease by Monitoring Drug Levels and Antidrug AntibodiesCasper Steenholdt, Klaus Bendtzen, Jørn Brynskov, and Mark A. Ainsworth
- Emerging Biomarkers for the Diagnosis and Monitoring of Inflammatory Bowel DiseasesAnet A. Soubières and Andrew Poullis
- Bowel Ultrasonography in the Management of Crohn’s Disease. A Review with Recommendations of an International Panel of ExpertsEmma Calabrese, Christian Maaser, Francesca Zorzi, Klaus Kannengiesser, Stephen B. Hanauer, David H. Bruining, Marietta Iacucci, Giovanni Maconi, Kerri L. Novak, Remo Panaccione, Deike Strobel, Stephanie R. Wilson, Mamoru Watanabe, Francesco Pallone, and Subrata Ghosh
- Medical Imaging in Small Bowel Crohn’s Disease—Computer Tomography Enterography, Magnetic Resonance Enterography, and Ultrasound: “Which One Is the Best for What?”Astrid-Jane Greenup, Brian Bressler, and Greg Rosenfeld
- Microscopic Colitis: What Do We Know About Pathogenesis?Laura Francesca Pisani, Gian Eugenio Tontini, Maurizio Vecchi, and Luca Pastorelli
- Preclinical and Undiagnosed Crohn’s Disease: The Submerged IcebergDario Sorrentino
- Knowledge, Attitudes, and Beliefs Regarding the Role of Nutrition in IBD Among Patients Andrew Tinsley, Orna G. Ehrlich, Caroline Hwang, Kelly Issokson, Sophia Zapala, Alandra Weaver, Corey A. Siegel, and Gil Y. Melmed
- A Critical Review of Biosimilars in IBD: The Confluence of Biologic Drug Development, Regulatory Requirements Clinical Outcomes, And Big BusinessChristina Y. Ha and Asher Kornbluth
- The Next Wave of Biological Agents for the Treatment of IBD: Evidence from Cochrane ReviewsReena Khanna, Nilesh Chande, Séverine Vermeire, William J. Sandborn, Claire E. Parker, and Brian G. Feagan
- Epidemiology, Diagnosis, and Management of Clostridium difficile Infection in Patients with Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseKrishna Rao and Peter D. R. Higgins
- Use of Methotrexate in the Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel DiseasesHerfarth, Hans H. MD, PhD; Kappelman, Michael D. MD, MPH; Long, Millie D. MD, MPH; Isaacs, Kim L. MD, PhD
- Reversibility of Stricturing Crohn's Disease—Fact or Fiction?Bettenworth, Dominik MD; Rieder, Florian MD
- Harmonization of Infliximab and Anti-Infliximab Assays Facilitates the Comparison Between Originators and Biosimilars in Clinical SamplesAnn Gils, PharmD, PhD Thomas Van Stappen, PharmD Erwin Dreesen, PharmD Ruth Storme, PharmD Séverine Vermeire, MD, PhD Paul J. Declerck, PharmD, PhD
- Biosimilars in Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative ColitisDouglas C. Wolf, MD