Give Through Your IRA
If you are 70.5 years or older and have an Individual Retirement Account, please consider making a tax-free donation to the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation directly from your IRA.
Donating From Your IRA
- The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015 permanently extends the IRA Rollover Provision. This provision allows donors of age 70.5 or older to make tax-free distributions of up to $100,000 from individual retirement accounts to a qualified charitable organization, such as the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation.
- A contribution can be transferred directly from your IRA to the charity of your choice. The amount of your contribution, up to $100,000, is excluded from your charitable income. Please note you will not be able to double dip and claim a tax deduction for the donation.
- Only the IRA custodian can transfer gift amounts to a qualified organization. If IRA owners withdraw funds and contribute to a charity separately, amounts withdrawn will be taxable to the donor.
- The Foundation does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.
How to Make an IRA Donation to the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
To make a donation, contact your IRA administrator with your instructions and provide the following information:
- Amount of your donation, payable to the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
- Tax ID number 13-6193105
- Our address:
Attn: Allison Coffey
Vice President of Advancement
The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
733 Third Avenue, Suite 510
New York, NY 10017
Please contact Allison Coffey at 917-476-6511 or [email protected] with any questions.