Advanced Practice Provider Preceptorship
New learning opportunity for Advanced Practice Providers with an interest in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation has developed an Advanced Practice Provider Preceptor program that offers three days of comprehensive IBD training, including medical, surgical, outpatient, and inpatient experiences with IBD patients. Our goal is to provide the practitioner with the knowledge and skills needed to provide quality IBD patient care, utilizing current practice guidelines and research available. The provider will learn from an experienced team of IBD specialists, round on inpatients, attend surgical outpatient clinics, network with other practitioners, and more.
Advanced Practice Nurses, Physician Assistants, and other Advanced Practice Providers are encouraged to apply.
As a result of participating in this Preceptorship, participants will expand their IBD knowledge and training regardless of previous experience. The program will also:
- Provide stimulus and opportunity for interested APNs to better develop their skills in IBD using evidence-based practice and expert opinion-based approaches to care.
- Expose APNs to clinical practices employed at IBD centers.
- Share evidence-based and expert opinion-based approaches to the diagnosis, treatment and management of IBD.
- Increase awareness of the management concerns for IBD patients regarding diagnosis, treatment options, benefit/risk assessments, medication/treatment adherence, patient monitoring, cost of treatment, psychosocial aspects of care, nutrition, and ostomy care.
Host institutions for 2017 include:
- Massachusetts General Hospital (Adult)
- The University of Chicago (Adult)
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill (Pediatric)
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Anzee Sherap at email@example.com.