Advanced Practice Provider IBD Preceptorship
The next application cycle is expected to open in early 2022.
The 2021 activity is supported by educational grants from AbbVie Inc., and Ferring Pharmaceuticals.
Please read the Application Overview and Guidelines before completing the application. We require:
1. Online Application
3. Recommendation Letter*
*Submit to Sudha Sarode, MSPH Program Manager at [email protected]
The APP IBD Preceptorship Virtual Program is a comprehensive educational experience for up to 5 days at an IBD Center of Excellence, during which time the preceptee will gain knowledge and confidence from an experienced faculty director and a multidisciplinary team in order to provide quality IBD patient care based on current practice guidelines and research.
The program is targeted towards NPs, CNSs, and PAs who have not had extensive training or are new to the field of IBD and are thus seeking to gain more IBD knowledge and experience to improve their GI/IBD adult or pediatric practice. Applicants need to be practicing clinically and be invovled in professional societies and/or activities as well as express an interest in advancing their knowledge of IBD and patient care management.
“I am able to see IBD patients with more confidence. My discussions with them are deeper about all aspects of their care. I am able to guide them better socially, mentally and with their treatment.”
“One of the most valuable aspect of this is the mentorship I now have.”
“Better than any virtual program I have attended.”
- Gain exposure to clinical practices employed at IBD centers.
- Increase knowledge of evidence-based approaches to the diagnosis, treatment, and management of IBD.
- Increase confidence in the ability to utilize evidence-based approaches for the diagnosis, treatment, and management of IBD.
- Apply evidence-based approaches of diagnosing, treating, and managing IBD patients into clinical practice.
Virtual Program Components:
- Agenda covering adult/pediatric core curriculum topics. Sample adult and pediatric agenda. Virtual patient observership dependent on host center policies.
- Group discussions and networking
- Personalized mentorship before, during, and after the program
- Educational resources including peer-reviewed readings, online modules, and recordings
- Free registration to the Foundation's annual professional conference, the Crohn's & Colitis Congress, in January 2022
2021 IBD Centers of Excellence:
|Cedars Sinai Medical Center||Susie Lee, DNP, FNP||Adult|
|Mayo Clinic Rochester||Abigail Meyers, PA-C||Adult|
|U. of Chicago Medicine||Michele Rubin, APN, CNS||Adult|
|University of North Carolina||Maureen Kelly, DNP, CPNP||Pediatric|
2021 Program Timeline:
- June 14, 2021 - Application deadline
- July/August 2021 - Notifications
- August 2021 - Placements confirmed
- October/November 2021 - Rotations
- January 2022 - Attend Crohn's & Colitis Congress
2021 Virtual Preceptees
|Amanda Charlton||NP||Columbia, SC||Mayo Clinic|
|Cecilia Sheen||PA||Minneapolis, MN||Mayo Clinic|
|Christy Reid||NP||Muscle Shoals, AL||Mayo Clinic|
|MaryJo Morey||NP||Granger, IN||Mayo Clinic|
|Angela Curry||NP||Tucson, AZ||Cedars Sinai|
|Laura Barger||NP||Olive Branch, MS||Cedars Sinai|
|Shana Carter||NP||Kalispell, MT||Cedars Sinai|
|Taylor Compton||NP||Edmond, OK||Cedars Sinai|
|Juanita Belton||PA||Brockton, MA||U. of Chicago|
|Lawren Brill||NP||Fern Park, FL||U. of Chicago|
|Michelle Barnett||PA||Colorado Springs, CO||U. of Chicago|
|Virginia Waymouth||NP||Candler, NC||U. of Chicago|
|Ashley Benson||NP||Fargo, ND||UNC|
|Jessica Stafford||NP||Arlington, VA||UNC|
|Kate Delle||NP||Paxton, MA||UNC|
|Ruth Duffield||NP||Springfield, OR||UNC|
If you have any questions, please contact Sudha Sarode, MSPH Program Manager at [email protected].