Online Education Modules
IBD Clinical Hub
Visit the IBD Clinical Hub for cutting-edge educational resources to enhance your knowledge of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Powered by ReachMD®, our content covers a comprehensive array of topics on the diagnosis, treatment, and management of IBD. The IBD Clinical Hub also provides access to the Foundation’s resources including checklists and other patient support tools.
Click here to visit the IBD Clinical Hub
Virtual IBD Clinic program
The Foundation's Virtual IBD Clinic program seeks to enhance clinician training in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of IBD through highly interactive cased-based modules, presented by thought leaders, that replicate the real-world experiences of a clinician. Modules incorporate audio and slide presentations as well as challenge questions.
- Diagnosis and medical treatment CME
- Disease management and surgery CME
As biosimilars enter the U.S. market, educational resources for professional and patients are needed to ensure accurate and unbiased information about biosimilars. The Foundation has developed a resource page designed to educate medical professionals about biosimilars, including:
- The FDA approval process
- Consideration in the use of biosimilars
- Perspectives from our European colleagues
- Importance of provider and patient choice in choosing the right medication including biosimilars
Click here for patient resources.
Malnutrition is common in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD). The goals of nutrition therapy are to maintain or restore nutritional balance, a key principle in the overall management of IBD for many patients. Every effort must be made by healthcare professionals to consider diet and nutrition as an important part of patient’s IBD management, and provide individualized care based on patient need. The resources provided here are designed to educate medical professionals about nutrition and IBD based on evidenced-based research.
Want to learn more? See our educational videos for professionals or click here for patient resources.
ECCO-Foundation Transatlantic Talking Heads video series
Watch the latest in the series of Transatlantic Talking Heads, a joint collaboration of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation and the European Crohn’s & Colitis Organization:
- NEW! Exclusive enteral nutrition therapy for pediatric IBD
- NEW! Opioids pain management
- Early surgery in Ileal CD
- Therapeutic drug monitoring and IBD
- Should I stop biologic agents among patients who are pregnant with IBD?
- Management of biologics in surgery in IBD
- Perspectives on biosimilars
- The role of azathioprine monotherapy in Crohn's