Spring updates for healthcare professionals
Published: June 10, 2022
The Foundation continually strives to create meaningful partnerships and connections with healthcare professionals and institutions serving IBD patients. We are committed to keeping you, our healthcare professional partners, well-informed with timely information that helps you. Below you’ll find some exciting Foundation updates and opportunities.
Digestive Disease Week® 2022
We were thrilled to be back in person at Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) 2022 in San Diego. During the conference, we hosted our first in person NSAC meeting since 2019, manned our booth showcasing patient and professional educational resources, and featured our PoopUp Experience, a fun, interactive, and educational experience for the whole family designed to destigmatize the symptoms of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
Professional Education Opportunities
We are excited to provide IBD healthcare professionals with educational webinars each month. Through these virtual learning sessions, you have the opportunity to learn and engage with expert faculty in a variety of IBD specialties, including gastroenterologists, pharmacists, advanced practice providers, and dietitians, through foundational and trending topics in the field of IBD and practical takeaways for immediate clinical practice.
Sneak Peak! Upcoming webinar topics:
- Diet & nutrition
- Adult health maintenance
- Positioning therapies
- Special populations
Missed a webinar? Access previous recordings below:
- Navigating health insurance challenges in IBD (April 2022)
- Health maintenance for your pediatric patients (March 2022)
Bookmark the events page on the IBD Clinical Hub as we continuously add new webinar topics, dates, and speakers!
We are also excited to offer in person education programs this summer and fall for healthcare professionals. These programs will feature trending topics and opportunity to learn and engage with expert faculty in a variety of specialties who provide critical care for patients with IBD. Each program listed below will be accredited and anyone is welcome to attend, regardless of where they live.
Upcoming In-Person Programs:
- August 27, 2022 - Atlanta, GA
- Register and learn more about the 2022 Southeast Regional Professional Conference
- September 10, 2022- Twin Cities, MN
- Register and learn more about the 2022 Midwest Regional Professional Education Conference
- September 10 - 11, 2022- San Diego, CA (hosted in partnership with Scripps, UC San Diego Health, and UCSD School of Medicine)
- Register and learn more about the program
- September 24, 2022 - St. Louis, MO (hosted in partnership with Washington University)
You can learn more about these upcoming professional education & in-person opportunities on our website here.
Erin Starck is the Senior Manager, Volunteer Engagement for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation.